Mesothelioma / Asbestos Disease
South Jersey Asbestos and Mesothelioma Attorneys
For decades, people who worked in construction and other heavy industrial sites in the United States-the union workers, tradesmen, pipe fitters, sheet metal workers, and boilermakers-were often unknowingly exposed to asbestos. As a result, injuries to their respiratory systems often surface twenty, thirty, or even fifty years later in the form of lung cancer, asbestosis and mesothelioma. Shivers, Gosnay & Greatrex, LLC has handled hundreds of cases for clients who suffer from asbestos related disease in New Jersey. Many of these cases involve claims of product liability, with suits brought against the manufacturers and distributors of the dangerous products.
If you or a loved one is suffering from mesothelioma, asbestos related lung disease, or any other asbestos related health problem, contact our Cherry Hill, New Jersey, office to arrange a consultation.
Learn more about asbestos exposure and mesothelioma:
- FAQ: Mesothelioma and Asbestos Exposure
- Mesothelioma Information Center
- What to Do When Diagnosed with Mesothelioma
Leaders in Asbestos Litigation in New Jersey
Our South Jersey trial attorneys have emerged as leaders in asbestos litigation. We have recovered several million dollars in verdicts and settlements for hundreds of clients, such as the examples listed below. As you view the following verdicts we have obtained for clients in mesothelioma and related asbestos disease claims, keep in mind that every case has unique facts and circumstances:
- $1.9 Million verdict for a family who lived through the pain, suffering and ultimate death of their husband/father due to mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer. This decedent had worked for many years at the DuPont – Chambers Works Plant. Verdict upheld on appeal.
- $1.3 Million verdict for the family of a worker at the Texaco Refinery in Westville, New Jersey, who suffered and died due to mesothelioma. Upheld on appeal.
- $1.25 Million award for four workers at the Mobil Oil Refinery in Paulsboro, New Jersey, who suffered from pleural thickening (scarring of the lining of the lung caused by asbestos exposure).
- $350,000 – $800,000 verdicts: The lawyers at Shivers, Gosnay & Greatrex have won several awards in this range for workers who suffered and died as a result of asbestos related diseases, including lung cancer. The workers were exposed at work sites throughout the Delaware Valley, including the New York Shipyard in Camden, all of the South Jersey DuPont facilities, as well as Mobil Oil, Texaco, and other petroleum and chemical processing facilities in the area. These victories have occurred in the Superior Courts of Gloucester County, Camden County and Middlesex County. All have been upheld on appeal.
- $160,000 – $290,000 verdicts for various clients who have suffered from asbestosis and pleural thickening as a result of their exposure to asbestos at work sites throughout the Delaware Valley. All upheld on appeal.
Shivers, Gosnay & Greatrex extends a consultation to clients throughout Camden County and all of South Jersey to discuss a mesothelioma or asbestos-related case. Call our New Jersey office at 856-616-8080.